Incentive Type: Utilit Rebate Program
Eligible Renewable/Other Technologies: Solar Water Heat
Applicable Sectors: Residential, Multi-Family Residential, Low-income Residential, Must be Gulf Power Customer
Maximum Incentive: $1,000
Equipment Requirements: Qualifying systems must be certified by the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation (SRCC) or the Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC).
Installation Requirements: Qualifying systems must be installed by a contractor with a valid solar or plumbing license.
Summary:Gulf Power offers a Solar Thermal Water Heating rebate to customers who install water heaters. This program started after the original pilot program offered in 2009. Gulf Power will provide a $1,000 rebate to residential customers using the water heater for domestic water heating purposes. Solar pool heaters are not eligible for the incentive. Interested customers should sign up for a free Home Energy Check Up through the Gulf Power web site before having the water heater installed. After installation, customers must send in a rebate application within 90 days.
The following requirements apply:
See the Gulf Power Company web site for more information on this program.
- All of Gulf Power's residential customers are eligible for the program
- Applicants will receive a home energy "check-up", complimentary of Gulf Power, as well as guidelines for successful solar thermal water heating installations and free compact fluorescent light bulbs.
- Qualifying systems must be installed and certified as operational by a contractor with a valid solar or plumbing license and according to applicable building codes.
- Qualifying systems must use new equipment.
- Qualifying systems must be certified by the Solar Rating and Certification Corporation (SRCC) or the Florida Solar Energy Center (FSEC).
- Gulf Power field staff must verify the completed installation of the qualifying system before the rebate is paid.
In addition, Gulf Power announced a Solar Thermal Water Heating Program for Low-Income Housing in January 2011. As part of this program, Gulf Power plans to install 15 water heating systems in low-income homes each year.